Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tourists Everywhere

It was my birthday today. Dinner was to be at a yummy Italian eatery, but there was a 45 min. wait by the time I was able to get off work. So we went to another restaurant down the street that coincidentally had the same waiting time. It actually took an hour before we were seated. To their credit the girls were very patient waiting at the bar. Hmmm...sitting at a bar has become a bit too common for them. I decided to not drink tonight, since I've been hungover since well before Christmas. That and I just didn't want to feel older and hungover as well.

There were many families, parties of 8, which held up my gastronomical pleasure. The meal was good, but I was so tired and rather irritated with B. for not making reservations at the other restaurant.

Tomorrow we will do our regular dinner and drinks at Sunpies Bistro. Luckily it's off the beaten path and the usual local crowd will be there I'm sure. And much fewer tourists! Though my job, and many others depend on those same tourists, I would like them to stick to the restaurants on the mountain. Aren't they much hipper?

This weekend and through New Year's the hotel occupancy is at 90 percent, it should be a wild time. There's already been an incident in the hot tub, which caused it to be closed and drained. Then there was a couple evicted from the hotel restroom. First I heard it was two women, then it was ammended to be a man and a woman completely unclothed caught in the act of fornication. The first version was probably the security guards wishful thinking. And I was wondering how a pubic hair got on the butter ball at the company Christmas party. What a sheltered life I've led!

No comments: