Wednesday, December 26, 2007

snow,snow,everywhere







What a wonderful white Christmas! It snowed at least 8 inches overnight, and all day too. Tomorrow B. will take the girls skiing. I have yet to take to the winter sports thing. My big excitement comes from riding the bus on a snow day. It is standing room only of every kind of person with skis and snowboards. I have been here since Aug. but I feel like a long time resident. At the bus stop I get asked about the best steak house in town, where do you get off the bus for the grocery store, where's the ticket office, where's the post office. There are 2 by the way.

Santa arrived with flare on a sled of cross country skis. L. asked for an ipod, and Santa assured her there were many in his sack. And as it turned out Santa had one for each of us. I've been loading in music all day! Now I can sit on the bus like everyone else, attached to my device, in my own little world. Unfortunately I like to sing to my music. Oh well, they'll get a concert.

Last night ended a five night party spree. This morning I was hungover from our dinner party, featuring beef fondue and lots of wine. After present opening I had to take a nap. By afternoon I was feeling recovered and looking forward to my birthday party which is on Thurs. night. I will probably feel like shit the next day, that and I'll be a year older. Mom says this year is a problem for her, since she and I will be the same age. I'm thinking Mom needs to adjust up a bit.

No comments: