Friday, January 18, 2008

Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite.

Sure it's something we say to our children, before we strap them into bed and hope they stay there all night. But imagine my surprise to find out they're real. Our student workers who are living in rather cramped apartments showed up to work with rows of red welts on their arms. One girl had a rather serious allergic reaction. My co-worker had mentioned bedbugs with a laugh and I thought she was joking until the next day everyone was packing their things in plastic bags and sending them to the cleaners. We moved everyone to the hotel while the apartments were treated for the bed bug infestation.

I looked the little bugs up, since now I'm concerned that they might hitchhike to my home. They look like ticks and live in the crevices around the bed and mattress. They hide in the light, like a cockroach. Yuck. Come to think of it, I know a few guy like that...Hmmm....

No comments: